December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 862 registered users
The newest registered user is oshe

Our users have posted a total of 1208 messages in 336 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 32 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

LETTER OF INVITATION FOR QUOTATIONS.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LETTER OF INVITATION FOR QUOTATIONS

Post  RJM on Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:04 pm

GadielCM, now your problem is very simple. The best practice is to contact the approved suppliers/service providers/contractors using the Invitation Letter in the SIFQ and all attachments as I mentioned them in the previous submission (R68(7)/97/2005).

RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GadielCM on Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:09 pm

Thank you RJMbishi for you good clarification, but the issue comes, in what ways you invite the listed suppliers/sp, contractors to collect the SIFQ?, is it only by formal lleter of SIFQ, called invitation letter, within the SIFQ?, or it could be any other way, to invite them to collect SIFQ

However, All things you clarified RJMbishi, are alright to me and am do using in my PE, but the issue is how can you contact them (Suppliers, sp, contractor) after have been approved by TB?, Is it by letter only, by email, by telephone, regarding that standard letter which stipulate the terms and condition of the SIFQ defined in the document to be collected.

GadielCM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RJM on Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:02 pm

I am not sure if I got you right, GadielCM. But I will try to help by giving clarification for the issue to the best of my knowledge.

Much as you have pointed out for the International and National Shopping (Competitive Quotations) PPRA have prepared Standard Invitation for Quotation (SIFQ) for Goods [value worth up to Tshs. 80,000,000], Minor Works [value up to Tshs. 100,000,000] and Non-Consultancy [value up to Tshs. 50,000,000] to be used by the Procuring Entities which have taken into account the requirement of R68/97/2005. The SIFQ contain standard letter [Invitation for Quotations] to be sent to the prospective bidders who have been approved by the Tender Board pursuant to R68(5)97/2005. The letter to the prospective bidders should be accompanied with the Appendices such as; BoQ/Schedule of Requirement and Prices/ , Instructions to Bidders, Local Purchasing Order, General Conditions of Contract, Contract Data/Special Conditions of Contract, Specifications, Drawings, Forms [Quotation Submission Form, Letter Acceptance, Form of Agreement] and Anti-bribery Policy enable the prospective bidders to respond the invitation according to the terms and conditions attached.

Therefore, as per requirement of legislation you are required whenever undertaking procurement using Competitive Quotation to used SIFQ issued by PPRA. Like any other Bidding Documents, SIFQ should be approved by TB before sent to prospective bidders. The letter demanded by TB is part and parcel of SIFQ.

Furthermore, it worth to note that the Competitive Quotation should be treated like any other competitive bidding such as bidding period as stipulated by law, public opening, evaluation of quotations, award of contract and contract management.

RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

LETTER OF INVITATION FOR QUOTATIONS.

Post  GadielCM on Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Am refering the issue from Regulation 68 of G.N. 97, of the PPA 2004.This regulation give us the national and international shopping as the method of procurement for value worth up to 80, 000,000/= as defined in the second schedule of the G.N. 97 for goods.

My concern is that; what kind of letter needed rather than preparing the Invitation for quotion document which is available within ppra website for procurement by quotations which not exceed 30 pages to invite the bidders?,
-it should be only typical hard copy letter having the listed suppliers to be contacted, and not by electronically (such as email, or face mail (fax) to invite the suppliers to collect the IFQ prepared by PE and that IFQ listed the suppliers for the particulay type of procurement?. Either if it is international shopping, it could not be possible to invite them direct through attachment of prepared IFQ document listed the suppliers ?

May i get the correct interpretion of this issue, because sometime PE confusing, and may be am confusing for using this regulation in the issue of letter of invitation for quotation as Rg 68 (1-7), and members of tender board demanding to see the letter as letter subscribed by only two pages as an advert to invite the bidders as the method of procurement explained.

GadielCM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top