December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 861 registered users
The newest registered user is akt991

Our users have posted a total of 1208 messages in 336 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 32 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

SELECTION PROCEDURES & CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SELECTION PROCEDURES & CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION!

Post  RSM on Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:14 pm

GadielCM

I agree with RJM that you do not need to combine the scores. Indeed it is in the Quality and Cost based method only where you need to combine the scores.

In the Quality Based Selection you only first open the Financial Proposal of the firm that has scored the highet technical score. The financial proposal is then evaluated to check arithmetic errors, check if all relevant costs are included and assess value for money. Thereafter if financial proposal is acceptable negotiations are conducted. With this methods you may end up opening only one financial proposal and return others unopened.

In Quality and Fixed Budget Selection again all financial proposals of firms that have score above the minimum threshold are opened. Those whose proposals after evaluation to correct errors and converting to common currency are found to be above the fixed budget are thrown away. Contract award is then recommended to a firm with highest technical score but within the fixed budget.

RSM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SELECTION PROCEDURES & CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION!

Post  RJM on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:35 pm

As outlined in the R39/98/2005 the selection based on compatibility of technical proposals and least cost consideration it is necessary to carry out the combined evaluation report of Technical and Financial although not the same way as it done in R38/98/2005. In R38/98/2005 we normal change financial figures into financial score and combine with the technical score and ultimately using the weights provided in the solicitation documents to obtain combined scores of the firms while in the quality + least cost selection we do not.

Evaluation process;

1. The procedure starts with the evaluation of the technical proposals. Then retain the firms whose technical proposals scored equal or above minimum pass mark specified in the solicitation documents;
2. Evaluation of the financial scores should be confined to the consultants who scored equal or above the minimum pass mark [Only the envelopes of the consultants scored equal or above minimum pass mark should be opened];
3. Arithmetic corrections should be done;
4. Covert to single currency in case of multiple currencies; and
5. Compare the costs and consultant with the lowest cost should be invited for negotiations.

I think when you are preparing financial evaluation report you need information originating from technical proposal but not combining the scores.

RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

SELECTION PROCEDURES & CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION!

Post  GadielCM on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 pm

Happy new year in the forum!.
I am refering to the Rg. 39 ''Selection based on compatibility of technical proposals and least cost consideration''. my Concern from this provision of regulation is that, Is it necessary to carry out the combined evaluation report of Technical and financial proposal as it is in Rg. 38/GN 98 of the PPA 2004, or not and if meets the condition of Rg. 39(2) then you furnish with Rg. 39(3) without combined evaluation report for both as in RG 38(1-5)/GN 98. Can someone enlighten me for this issue!.

I submit!

GadielCM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top