December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 861 registered users
The newest registered user is akt991

Our users have posted a total of 1208 messages in 336 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 32 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Procurement audit of consultancy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RJM thanks very, i got your lesson

Post  Zena on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:09 am

RJM wrote:
Zena,

1. Issue No.1 - this will depend on the Form of Contract governing the the contract - Time Based or Lump-sum Contract (assuming the PPRA Standard Forms). This is because payments are paid based on the form governing the contract. So, please open it up.

2. Issue No. 2 - In the case of the addendum issued, I do not think you as an Auditor you nee to justify anything but rather to assess whether justifications led to the addendum are acceptable and whether the procedures were followed. Ultimately, your determination/opinion whether the addendum is/was beneficial or detrimental to the entity.

3. Issue 3 - Other areas -as we all know that normally contract stipulates RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES. Therefore, my view is that as an auditor is prudent to assess whether parties to the contract fulfilled those three aspects in the course of its execution.

Just to shed the light!

Zena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Procurement audit of consultancy

Post  RJM on Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:00 pm

Zena,

1. Issue No.1 - this will depend on the Form of Contract governing the the contract - Time Based or Lump-sum Contract (assuming the PPRA Standard Forms). This is because payments are paid based on the form governing the contract. So, please open it up.

2. Issue No. 2 - In the case of the addendum issued, I do not think you as an Auditor you nee to justify anything but rather to assess whether justifications led to the addendum are acceptable and whether the procedures were followed. Ultimately, your determination/opinion whether the addendum is/was beneficial or detrimental to the entity.

3. Issue 3 - Other areas -as we all know that normally contract stipulates RIGHTS, OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES. Therefore, my view is that as an auditor is prudent to assess whether parties to the contract fulfilled those three aspects in the course of its execution.

Just to shed the light!

RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Procurement audit of consultancy

Post  Zena on Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:55 pm

Dear forum members!

Would you please help me on this?

Currently am doing an audit of one contract for provision of technical service (consultancy) whereby my audit objective is determine whether the both parties (client /consultant) has observed the contract terms and conditions.
However, I have faced the following challenges:
1) The payment is made to consultant after submission of remunerations & reimbursable. Is there any means to confirm the genuineness of these claims?
2) The Consultant has been paid sum amount as a result of addendum (variation order), how do I justify?
3) What are the other key areas should I consider?

Thank you very much.

Zena

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum