December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 861 registered users
The newest registered user is akt991

Our users have posted a total of 1208 messages in 336 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 32 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

Has PPRA Done Enough on Trainings?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do we need to use stores requisition As referring to LAAM (2010) para 16.3 requires upon receipt of requisition form from,stores officer requires to determine whether the item is in the store

Post  felix.mkirya on Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:51 pm

As referring to LAAM (2010) para 16.3 requires upon receipt of Stores requisition form from user department ,stores officer requires to determine whether the item is in the store or not, once they are not in the stores, the stores officer required to initiate procurement by duly filled a Stores requisition for purchase form in a duplicate and submit to purchasing officer (PMU) which will determine procurement methods and other procurement procedures. Do we need to use Stores requisition form in procurement while now days we use procurement requisition Form.

What is the difference between Stores Requisition form and Procurement Requisition Form.

felix.mkirya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maduhu on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:47 pm

I think a lot is not enough KURARE, PPRA is doing great to advance its course! I am encouraged with the trainings they offer but I support the notion that there should be tailor-made training to suit specific needs by procuring entities' PMU staff members.

Rgds,

Maduhu.

Maduhu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KURARE on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 pm

To be honest PPRA has done a great deal on trainings especially dissemination of PPA 2004 and its Regulations as well as Standard Bidding Documents. No doubt the answer of the question will be “YES”.

I have had opportunity to attend the trainings conducted by PPRA for two weeks and I quite learn a lot from those trainings. However, as I continue practicing there are areas such as preparation of RFP Documents, Bidding Documents and evaluation of tenders & proposals and contract management which I still believe are stumbling blocks in ensuring that procurement achieve five pillars of public procurement. As a practitioner I would like PPRA to put more focus now on those areas in its trainings especially through CASE STUDIES. I think it is high time now PPRA to categorize its trainings i.e. elementary courses (for beginners – could be for those who are fresh from school, Tender Board & User Department) and advance courses (for technicians – PMUs & Contracts/Project Managers). Am of opinion that there should be a menu whereby practitioners or PEs can choice based on their preference.

I do believe that CASE STUDIES on these areas [preparation of RFP Documents, Bidding Documents and evaluation of tenders & proposals] will improve PROCESS and [Contract Management] will ensure good RESULTS = Value for Money.

Forum Members, please expound.

KURARE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top