December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 861 registered users
The newest registered user is akt991

Our users have posted a total of 1208 messages in 336 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 32 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR OF GOVERNMENT MOTOR VEHCLES

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR OF GOVERNMENT MOTOR VEHCLES

Post  dionis on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:42 pm

i am oblige by this motion of how to repair government vehicles especially when you’re in the regions which TEMESA can’t provide such services effectively, that lead the office to search through competitive quotations for such service. my concern i am still blind does this quotation used at specified period of time or just to rectify the particular fault and then you need to do the same when other fault emanate in the due course of operations?

dionis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  RJM on Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:30 pm

Rataihwa,

In business and legal transactions, a warranty is an assurance by one party to the other party that specific facts or conditions are true or will happen; the other party is permitted to rely on that assurance and seek some type of remedy if it is not true or followed. I understand that most of the vehicles sold there is warranty is attached to them. What I am not sure is whether dealers offer a full or limited warranty on all or some of a vehicle's systems or components or not. Most used vehicle warranties are limited and their coverage varies. Anyone who owns the vehicle during the warranty period is entitled to warranty service. Warranty service will be provided free of charge, including such costs as removing and reinstalling a covered system.

Rataihwa, your case at hand - what category of warranty do you have "full or limited" on all or some of a vehicle's systems or components? You may revisit your warranty and come back for more discussions. BUT if your warranty is on some of vehicle's systems or components then somehow Regulation 59/97/2005 may come to play. However, I am not convinced that Regulation 59/97/2005 gives TAMESA direclty mandate to maintain and repair government motor vehicles as there are some occassions/conditions are attached to the regulation for them to act. I think the problem here is the correct interpretation of the entire regulation. In short there is a escape route!

RJM

Location : What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rutaihwa on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Rutaihwa wrote:Mr Ng'wigi
MY CONCERN IS ON THE VEHICLES WHICH ARE STILL UNDER WARRANT PERIOD OTHER MATTERS ARE CLEAR TO THE REGULATION

The Regulation is silent to my concern Issue, i.e The Vehcles/Plants which are Still under the Warrant period. Terms and Condition of the seller requires the buyer the first 50000 Km or Within the first two years whichever comes first any repair/maintenence to be done by their Authorised dealers. In order if there are major deffect to the vehicle to be replaced freely by the seller.

Rutaihwa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

MAINTENANCE OF GOVT VEHICLE

Post  Rutaihwa on Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:32 pm

Mr Ng'wigi
MY CONCERN IS ON THE VEHICLES WHICH ARE STILL UNDER WARRANT PERIOD OTHER MATTERS ARE CLEAR TO THE REGULATION

The Regulation is silent to my concern Issue, i.e The Vehcles/Plants which are Still under the Warrant period. Terms and Condition of the seller requires the buyer the first 50000 Km or Within the first two years whichever comes first any repair/maintenence to be done by their Authorised dealers. In order if there are major deffect to the vehicle to be replaced freely by the seller.

Rutaihwa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CGM-''Ng'wigi'' on Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Ruitaihwa & Yonas Gabriel,

Your concern has been clarified under the Authority website on FAQ's as followings;

"''Is it mandatory that government owned vehicles should be repaired and maintained at TEMESA workshops?

Monday, 19 April 2010 09:53

Pursuant to Regulation 59 of GN. No. 97 of 2005, all government owned vehicles are supposed to be repaired and serviced at appropriate government workshops or garages (in this case TEMESA). However, where the government workshop is unable to carry out the repair or maintenance due to non-availability of spare parts, technical know-how or other resource constraints or because the price offered by such workshop or garage is above the available market price, the procuring entity will obtain the same services from either one of the approved and authorized private garages or by competitive quotations from private garages offering the same services.

The Ministry of Infrastructure Development is supposed to keep an up-to-date list of private workshops or garages (through competitive tendering or pre-qualification) authorized to maintain and repair government – owned vehicles.
[i]
"

I think you will find you in good position to solve your problem.

CGM-''Ng'wigi''

View user profile

Back to top Go down

For Government Agency

Post  Yonas Gabriel on Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Please help me on the best arrangement that can be applied for Government Agency! can they issue quotation for every car breakdown or enter into periodic contract?

Yonas Gabriel

View user profile http://parapandatz.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR OF GOVERNMENT MOTOR VEHCLES

Post  Rutaihwa on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 pm

MEMBERS,

Regulation 59 (1) requires repairing and maintenance of Government owned motor vehcles, plants or equipment to be done by appropriate Government workshop i.e TEMESA.
I find some difficulties for the Vehcles/Plants which are still under warrant period by the seller to be repaired by TEMESA , this period require any repair to be made by Authorised Dealer.
1) Is TEMESA authorised dealer of any Motor Vehcle Sellers? i.e Toyota, Nissan etc
2) Is it mandatory the vehcle which are still under that period to be repaired by
Government Workshop? i.e TEMESA
I hope members will assist in these difficulties.

Rutaihwa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top