December 2016
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Statistics
We have 861 registered users
The newest registered user is akt991

Our users have posted a total of 1208 messages in 336 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 32 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:22 pm

General Procurement Notice

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Procurement Notice

Post  Rutaihwa on Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:55 pm

[justify]To me a GPN is a notification not only to potential bidders but aalso to general public inclussive the employees of PE.
GPN should not indicate only the items which will be procured by Means of competetive but also even the procurement which will be under taken by other method of procurement to me should be shown.

Rutaihwa

View user profile

Back to top Go down

GENERAL PROCUREMENT NOTICE

Post  freddy.mbeyella on Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:19 pm

I do agree with RSM’s point of view. However, when to publish GPN depends on source of financing. For World Bank, (GPNs) are published once a project is approved by the Boards of Directors.

There is another issue related to GPN which is worth sharing. This is on type of tenders to be shown in the GPN. If you go through adverts of some procuring entities, you will find that noncompetitive tenders are also included in the GPN. It appears the Annual Procurement Plan template for external use issued by PPRA is used without removing tenders which do not require public attention. In my opinion the GPN should include only open competitive tenders. What are your comments?

freddy.mbeyella

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: General Procurement Notice

Post  RSM on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 pm

Angela,

This is a big dillema, whether currently it is allowed or not, I leave it to other Forum Members to contribute.

For me I think if that is not allowed, then ammendments to the Law and Regulations need to be made to make that allowable. We understand that the budget approval process is complete when the budget has been approved by the Parliarment, and for some PEs this can even go to August for a given financial year. If this is taken as a basis of publishing of GPN, then this can have serious delays for the PE to start its procurement in a given financial year.

To me a GPN is a notification to potential bidders of expected procurement opportunities by the PE and is no way a contractual undertaking that A PE would eventually invite tenders for all procurement vopportunities appearing in the GPN.

On the basis of above, I would suggest that GPN be prepared and be published based on the budget that is finally presented to the Sector Parliarmentary Committees - my experience tells me that what is approved at that level rarely changes during the Parliarment Budget Session.

RSM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

General Procurement Notice

Post  Angela on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 pm

Is it right for a PE to publish GNP for a Financial Year whose budget is yet to be approved?

Angela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top